In this tutorial i’ll show you how to let your users can create an account on your blog directly with their facebook account.
This service works with a wordpress plugin that include some facebook connect api and a new application on facebook.
No code needed but you need to have a verified facebook’s account, a new app and their appid and an Api Key.
1. Facebook Configuration:
- Login on Facebook
- Go to App Creator
- Give a name for your application, for Example “your blog login app”
- Save the app
- In the application search on the left for the tab called “Web site”
- On Website address insert your blog’s full url with a final slash (in my case http://www.wpcode.net/”
- Get note of App ID and Application secret
WordPress plugin installation:
- Download and upload Facebook Connect
- Activate plugin
- Go to “FB Connect” under settings
- Paste Api ID
- Paste Secret Key
- Go to widget
- Add the FB connect widget
Now try to login with facebook, then watch new user and you can read the name and the email of facebook users.