How to create user wp profile from facebook
In this tutorial i’ll show you how to let your users can create an account on your blog directly with their facebook account.
This service works with a wordpress plugin that include some facebook connect api and a new application on facebook.
No code needed but you need to have a verified facebook’s account, a new app and their appid and an Api Key.
1. Facebook Configuration:
- Login on Facebook
- Go to App Creator
- Give a name for your application, for Example “your blog login app”
- Save the app
- In the application search on the left for the tab called “Web site”
- On Website address insert your blog’s full url with a final slash (in my case http://www.wpcode.net/”
- Get note of App ID and Application secret
WordPress plugin installation:
- Download and upload Facebook Connect
- Activate plugin
- Go to “FB Connect” under settings
- Paste Api ID
- Paste Secret Key
- Go to widget
- Add the FB connect widget
Now try to login with facebook, then watch new user and you can read the name and the email of facebook users.